Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

Vitiligo Model once labelled a cow,zebra has the last laugh as she graces Diesel campaign


 A model once labelled a cow and segregated for her distinctive look is now having the last laugh after fashion giant ,Diesel used her for their 2015 campaign ..19-year-old Winnie Harlow has vitiligo, a pigment condition that causes white patches to form on skin.


The model who once featured on America's Next Top Model said of her journey

'People have black skin, people have brown skin, I have both.
'When I got older, it got harder because when kids get older they get meaner, so I went through a lot of bullying and people calling me like zebra or cow so it was really hard growing up.'I loved myself. And with that, opportunities start to fall into my lap. And I thank God for all of them. Try loving yourself,' 
She has hundreds of thousands of followers on social media and many have hailed her for not going through the painstaking process of covering them up with makeup


No comments:

Post a Comment