Pages

Saturday 22 December 2012

See What PSY has to say about his song "Gangnam Style" as it hits One Billion Views on Youtube



Korean pop sensation PSY has achieved an Internet triumph no man has ever achieved before: His ridiculous and colorful video for "Gangnam Style" has been viewed more than 1 billion times on YouTube. The figure seems even more monumental when one considers that he's managed to score that many views in less than a year. Behold, the power of the pony dance!

See What he said when you continue
Google reports that PSY's video sees about 7 million views a day — no small feat from a man who was a complete unknown Stateside just a few months ago. While it's highly unlikely he'll ever be able to replicate the monumental success of his viral hit, PSY has proved impressive staying power.

"Honestly, when I made this video I didn't even expect 1 million views, because this is off my sixth album in Korea, so I just hoped it would be huge there," PSY recently told MTV News. "I didn't even think about any other countries; I just did my job and waited and watched. And, you know, today, I'm still wondering and analyzing its success. Because I've done this thing many times, this dance, this album, this video ... this one just became something else entirely."

It's unclear what PSY's plans are for the near future: "Right now, my manager says I should just go back to Korea and party, so maybe I'll listen to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment